Earlier in the week, Tuesday I think, I took Phoenix for a walk in the big pasture. She did pretty well, but she need to work on getting out of my space. At one point, I stopped walking and sort of walked into me because she did not stop. But for the most part, she did great. I then led her into the arena and walked her around in the for a little bit. There was a cavaletti in the middle of the pasture and I decided to walk her over it. It didn't take much to get her to walk over it and she barely clunked her hooves against it.
Yesterday was an exciting day for me. When I arrived at the barn, Phoenix was having her lunch in her stall. I was allowed to go inside the stall and groom her! Now with a lot of horses, that's normal and not that exciting. However, Phoenix has only been in her stall a few times and only during meal time. She did very well and seemed to enjoy it. When she was done eating, she was put back out in the pasture. We brought her back inside for dinner. This time, I got to lead her in the stall. And when she was finished, I was the one to take her back outside. She has quickly adjusted to going inside for meals. As always, she is improving nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment