Saturday, July 13, 2013

Catch and Release

Today I got very frustrated with myself. Sam and I went into the pasture to work with Raven and Phoenix. I put Phoenix on a lead line and I groomed her. When I was done grooming her, I released her so that I go inside to get the MTG to put on her rain rot. She and Raven are outside horses and we've been getting days and days of rain, which unfortunately has given the girls a bit of rain rot. Anyway, I went inside to get the MTG, a sponge to apply it, and a carrot stick to play the friendly game. I went back into the pasture, expecting her to be easy to catch again. She was not. She would get close to me, but as soon as I would move my hands towards her halter, she would walk away. I was frustrated with myself because I wished that I had asked Sam to hold Phoenix while I went inside. I knew Phoenix didn't want to be caught more than once in a day. I would have liked to have to caught her again, but she didn't allow it. I was very frustrated that I had to wait until feeding time to put the MTG on her back. I never did get to play the friendly game today. But, there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment